The Archaeological Documentation Center is part of the museum system of Sant’Agata. The museum, located in some rooms next to the parish church of Sant’Agata, overlooks the cloister. The Archaeological Documentation Center documents the history of Mugello from prehistory until the Middle Ages. The finds were found by the Archaeological Archaeological Group Scarperia (GAS). The research work lasted more than 20 years. The first hall houses exhibits dating from the Paleolithic (300,000 years ago) to the age of metals (1000 BC). The second room instead contains Etruscan, Roman, Medieval and Renaissance finds. It is also possible to visit the reconstruction of a village consisting of three huts belonging to different periods:
- Paleolithic, attributed to hunters
- Bronze Age attributed to farmers and breeders
- Iron age
The huts are all furnished with the utensils of that period. Very interesting are also the Paleolithic pilasters worked, the medieval and Renaissance ceramics, the Etruscan stele of the VI century. b. C.
- 26 March 2017 -28 October 2017: Sundays and holidays from 16 to 19 o’clock.
- 1 January 2017 – 25 March 2017/29 October 2017 – 31 December 2017: Sundays and holidays 15-18.
Always open on reservation for groups and school children.
- whole: 2,50 €
- reduced: 1.50 € (groups over 10 people)
- for free: under 10 years old
Free admission every first opening of the month.