How to get to the Mugello Circuit? Which is the most recommended means of transport? Usually these are the most frequent questions that many tourists, and not only, ask themselves when they have to go to the Mugello Circuit, especially during the days of the Italian Grand Prix.
There is no precise answer as the Mugello Circuit can be easily reached by any means of transport thanks to its easy connection.
The nearest airport to the Mugello Circuit is that of Florence-Amerigo Vespucci, located just 30 km from the Mugello Circuit. About 100 km away are the Forlì and Bologna airports. The farthest airport is Pisa, 120 km away. Once landed at the mentioned airports, there are no direct shuttles that lead directly to the Circuit.
As for Florence, it is advisable to rent a car or take the shuttle service to Santa Maria Novella Station (central station). From here take either a regional train to the municipalities closest to the circuit, or the bus.
The train can be a very good solution among the different options on how to get to the Mugello Circuit if you do not want to travel in traffic during the days of Moto GP. The municipality of Scarperia, where the Circuit is located, does not have a railway station.
The stations closest to the Circuit are:
- Borgo San Lorenzo, located at 5 km
- San Piero a Sieve, located just 3 km.
Once you reach the train station you can take a bus.
Car / moto / camper
- Motorway: Once you leave the Barberino di Mugello motorway exit, take the road signs for “autodromo”. These will take you directly to the circuit. If you are coming from Bologna a good solution is to go to the “Pian del voglio” highway exit and follow the following directions: Bruscoli, Passo della Futa, Panna, Galliano and Scarperia.
- Passo della Colla / Passo della Futa: follow signs for Borgo San Lorenzo (5 km from the Circuit) and follow signs for Luco and then Scarperia
- SS 302: if you travel this state road to get to the Mugello Circuit, you must follow the signs for Fiesole, Polcanto, Borgo San Lorenzo, Luco, Scarperia. This road is recommended for those coming from Florence.