There are numerous activities to be done that allow you to spend a day in the sports and entertainment in Mugello.
Parco avventura il Gigante
Gigante Adventure Park is located in the hamlet of Pratolino (municipality of Vaglia) in Via Fiorentina. The park promotes a fun-learning activity in contact with nature.
The ticket allows you to stay in the park for 2 hours and includes the hire of norm equipment and compulsory attendance at the training course.
You must arrive at least 3 hours before the closing time. Wear a sportswear with closed shoes. The park is closed in rain or strong wind for security reasons.
- 3-5 years: 12 €
- 6-12 years: 15 €
- Older than 12 years: 18 €
- Those who want to visit only the park , without doing activities, the entrance is free.
For each additional hour a surcharge of € 5 will be charged.
Aeroclub volovelistico del Mugello
The Mugello Volovelistico Aeroclub is located at the aviosuperfice “La Collina” in Figliano, a few kilometers from Borgo San Lorenzo (Fi).
The Aeroclub offers the possibility to fly on a glider to anyone who requests it.
To fly a glider you must be twelve years old.
The flight takes place in the Mugello valley and lasts about half an hour. Passengers will be accompanied by one of the experienced pilots or an instructor. Two-seater gliders are used.
On the territory of Mugello there are several lakes where you can practice sport fishing, a type of activity that allows you to practice sports and entertainment in Mugello.
- Via del Molinaccio (Sant’Agata – Scarperia).
- Type of fishing: rainbow and brown trout, sturgeon, amur, sea bass and salmeris.
- Timetable: 7: 00-12: 00/14: 00-19: 00
Lago di Galliano di Agriambiente Mugello
- Via di Galliano, 15 / a (Galliano – Barberino di Mugello).
- Fishing type: carp
- Access to valid FIPSAS license holders.
Lago di Cavallino
- Via Fagna, 8 (Scarperia)
- Type of fishing: carp
Lago di Montelleri
- Località Montelleri (Vicchio)
- Fishing no kill
- Open all day
Laghi di Bellavalle
- Via di Bellavalle, 3 (Cavallina – Barberino di Mugello)
- Type of fishing: trout, sturgeon, striped drizzle and pike.
- Fishing with artificial bait is allowed.
- Training courses for adults and children.
- Open in July every day; In August closed on Thursday.
- Hours: 7: 00-19: 00
At some stretches of stream, river or lake, it is not possible to hold the fish caught. This initiative, called no-kill fishing (not to kill), has been introduced with the aim of safeguarding heritage fish. Areas are delimited by appropriate tables. There are two specific rules zones in Mugello. Only people who are in possession of a valid fishing license and access permit can fish.
- ZRS Tail Water Sieve (Sieve River in the stretch of the Commune of Scarperia and San Piero)
- ZRS Lamone-Marradi
At UNA Poggio dei Medici (Via San Gavino, 27), a resort located in the municipality of Scarperia, there is a beautiful golf course. This is a type of sport and entertainment in Mugello that is suitable for everyone. Even those who accompany golfers can spend a very beautiful day walking through the fields.
The Club Poggio dei Medici offers to your its golfers and guest 18-hole and a Championship course of 6,452 meters.
With 5 tee of departure you can make an exciting game at all levels.
Facilities include: Practice with Pitching and Putting Green, bunkers, 6 indoor emplacements and 24 discoveries, and PGA teacher for individual lessons and golf clinic (upon reservation). Golf carts, manual trolleys and bags available for hire.
Soft spikes required.
Open all year.
For a golf suitable for children and families there is a minigolf “Minigolf Alma” in Palazzuolo sul Senio in Via Maghinardo Pagani.
Opening: June to September.
Rafting, Kayaking, Sup
There is Trafting on the territory, an association that allows you to do activities in the rivers and streams of Mugello such as Rafting, Kayak and Sup. Today these types of activities are highly appreciated by people and probably represent the greatest ideal of sports and entertainment in Mugello.
- Rafting: There are specially designed paths for children, trails in the Sieve River at Cafaggiolo or near Vicchio.
- Kayaking: There are descents, for groups of no more than 5 people, on rivers of I °, II ° and III ° degree of the WW stairs. Depending on the season , weather and water levels,it can descend Arno, Sieve, Lima, Santerno, Merse, Ombrone and Serchio rivers . Guided nature and explorative exits are also organized to discover the inner water mirrors, such as Lake Bilancino.
- Sup: Bilancino Lake offers the perfect scenery to practice the SUP. The duration of the activity is about 3 hours.