The ideal place to shop in Mugello is Barberino Designer Outlet, located just a few meters from the exit of the Barberino di Mugello highway exit. It is part of the McArthurGlen Group and was inaugurated in 2006. It extends over 27,000 square meters and consists of many small houses on the banks of the Sieve River, inspired by the Renaissance style of the Mugello villas.
Prices are reduced throughout the year up to 70% and there are often other special promotions.
A shuttle service to Barberino Designer Outlet is provided daily from Santa Maria Novella Station in Florence.
From Monday to Sunday: 10:00 – 21:00
From 17 June to 24 July on Saturdays and Sundays the Outlet will remain open until 22:00
- January 1st
- 26 December
- Car Parking: There are eight free parking spaces available. On the outside of each parking lot there are traffic lights indicating the availability of the parking lot.
- Customer Service: The Information Office is located at the main entrance of the Outlet.
- Free WiFi: Free WiFi is available “_Barberino Free WiFi”. You need to register and create an account.
- Special needs: The Outlet is equipped to accommodate disabled visitors. Wheelchairs can also be requested at the time at the Information Office.
- Strollers: The whole area is structured to be able to ride with strollers. The Information Office provides stroller to visitors free of charge.
- Dogs allowed: Dogs can peacefully access all areas of the Outlet. The Information Office also has toilet bags.
- Center Map: Outlet Maps and Guides are available throughout the Outlet.
- Baby service: In every service block there are rooms for baby nursery. The Information Office also offers diapers in case of an emergency.
- Cash Machine: There is an ATM to withdraw money in cash.
- Playground: there is a play area with slides and tunnels for the youngest.
Reservations for groups
It is possible to organize a day shopping of group in Mugello at Barberino Group Designer Outlet (up to 8 people up). This special package includes a card that guarantees a further 10% discount. To book you need to contact the Information Office about two days before the visit and specify:
- Name of the group or the organizing agency
- Number of visitors
- Reference person with phone number
- Date of visit
- Time of arrival
Bars and restaurants
Inside the Outlet there are several excellent bars and restaurants that allow visitors to enjoy delicious lunch and dinner dishes as well as a delicious breakfast and snack.
- Baccanale: offers typical dishes of Tuscan food. Timetable: 09: 00-20: 00
- Ca’Puccino: typical Italian cafeteria where you can enjoy a great coffee accompanied by a sweet. Hours: 09: 30-20: 00
- Café Mediceo: bar / restaurant offering typical Tuscan dishes. Timetable: 09: 00-20: 00
- Farinella: restaurant serving typical Mediterranean cuisine. Timetable: 09: 00-20: 00
- The Torracchione: here you will enjoy a typical local cuisine. Hours: 12: 00-20: 00
- Lindt: In addition to a bar corner, there is a wide assortment of chocolates in the restaurant. Timetable 10: 00-20: 00
- W.O.K .: ideal for enjoying an Asian lunch or dinner.Orario: 10: 00-20: 00
Tax Free Shopping
Extra-European citizens can shop in Mugello Tax Free on all purchases made within the Outlet.
First of all, it is necessary to ask the stores’ shop assistant the receipt, which will then allow you to get the refund. Once you arrive at the airport, show purchases, receipts and passport to Tax Refound office . The office will validate the refund and will deliver the amount due immediately.
To discover the brands within Barberino Designer Outlet click here