Vaglia is a small municipality that is about 10 km north of Florence. It includes the following hamlets: Bivigliano, Case sparse, Convento Monte Senario, False, Ferraglia, Fontebuona, Il Torrino, Pratolino, Montorsoli, Mulinaccio, Paternò, Poggio Conca, Saltalavacca, Uccellatoio, Vetta le Croci, Viliani.
The municipality of Vaglia has been inhabited since ancient times. The first inhabitants were probably the Ligures Magelli. Subsequently the territory passed to the Etruscans and then to the Romans.
Up until the fourteenth century Vaglia was ruled by the Bishop but after passed to the City of Florence, which included it in the district of Santa Maria Novella and under the Lega di Tagliaferro, of which also the Municipality of San Piero a Sieve.
During the Middle Ages numerous structures were built, including the convent of Montesenario and the church of San Romolo in Bivigliano.
In 1551 the Lega di Tagliaferro joined the Vicariate of Scarperia. In the 16th century, Vaglia went under the guidance of numerous families, including the Medici. In the nineteenth century the French government set up in the territory.
In the second half of the 18th century the Grand Duchy of Tuscany was born. During these centuries Vaglia spends a period of splendor thanks to the construction of Via Bolognese. This infrastructure started the private and public construction. Many churches were restored to will of Grand Duke Leopold.
Vaglia participated in the construction of the Unification of Italy. In 1848 he stayed in this town Vincenzo Gioberti.
In 1870 the Lorena family gave the Pratolino villa to Demidoff. The latter was purchased in 1594 by Medici and restored by Buontalenti.
In 1881 the construction of the Firenze-Faenza railway line began and the country had a great advantage. The railroad was destroyed during World War II bombings and was finally reopened in 1999. In addition to the railway, Vaglia was almost completely destroyed. In particular, the areas of Paterno, Morlione and Cerreto Maggio became points of meeting and help for the British.
At war ended Vaglia was completely restored.