Mugello, located to the north of Florence, is easily accessible by any means of transport from any provenance. Here are the main directions on how to get to Mugello.
The city of Florence is equipped with an airport, Amerigo Vespucci, located about 30 km from Mugello. It is also possible to reach the Mugello from Pisa Airport, Galileo Galilei, about 100 km from Mugello. Here’s information on how to get to Mugello from the airport and to come back at the Amerigo Vespucci Airport.
To the airport
- Car: The airport is just 4 km from the center of Florence. Once you reach the Tuscan capital, just follow Alessandro Guidoni Avenue until you reach the Firenze Nord / Firenze Mare highway.
- Pullman: Take a bus from the municipalities of Mugello to Florence. Then go to Via Santa Caterina da Siena, 17. Here you will find the BusItalia service “Fly in Bus” which connects with the airport. The journey will last about 20 minutes. Weekly and public holidays: from 5:00 to 20:00 every 30 minutes; From 20:00 to 23:00 every 60 minutes
- Car rentals: If you previously hired a car, you can get it back to the airport
- Taxi: You can reach the airport by taxi by calling the following numbers 0554242 – 055 4390 – 055 4798
From the airport
- Car: Once out of the airport proceed west on Viale Giovanni Luder. Take A1 / E35 towards SR65 in Barberino di Mugello. Take exit Barberino di Mugello from A1 / E35. Here arrive to Mugello. From here you can follow the road signs to reach the well-indicate municipalities.
- Bus: A shuttle service to Florence Centro departs from the airport. The service is carried out by BusItalia “Fly in Bus”. The stop is in Via Santa Caterina da Siena, 17. The journey will last about 30 minutes. Weekdays: weekdays from 5:30 to 20:30; From 20:30 to 22:00 every 60 minutes; 23:45; 00:30
- Car hire: you can rent a car to Palagio degli Spini. It is connected to the airport by a shuttle service departing every 20 minutes. The shuttle stop is in the short stop parking, just off the station.
- Taxi: In the area in front of the airport can be called by RadioTaxi. Departure from the airport costs € 2.70.
Taxi fares from airport to central Florence and principal hotels:
- Fixed amount: 22 €
- Daytime festivities: 24 €
- Nightly: 25 €
- Baggage supplement: 1 €
Numbers: 0554242 – 055 4390 – 055 4798
- Rental with driver: at the airport there are two rental companies with driver: CO.A.VE and car rental Giuliani.
Car / moto / camper
In order to reach Mugello you can walk two streets if you own a car, moto or camper.
- Motorway: exit Barberino di Mugello. This is probably the fastest way to how to get to Mugello.
- Faentina (SS 302) / Bolognese (SS 65): take the exit Firenze Nord on the highway and then take the normal road through Faentina (SS 302) and Bolognese (SS 65). These two strata will allow you to admire the hills of Florence.
By train you can reach only a few municipalities of Mugello: Vaglia, San Piero a Sieve, Borgo San Lorenzo, Vicchio, Marradi.
There are two railway lines connecting Florence with Mugello:
- Line Faentina: Vaglia, San Piero a Sieve and Borgo San Lorenzo and Marradi;
- Line Pontassieve: Vicchio, Borgo San Lorenzo and Marradi
The stations of Borgo San Lorenzo and San Piero a Sieve are considered the points of reference since these stations can easily reach all other municipalities.
Regional trains also allow bicycles to be transported