Palazzo dei Capitani
Palazzo dei Capitani was built in 1300. On the facade we can admire the many coats of arms belonging to the Captains of the People who lived in the Palace. It is characterized by the corner porch, the raised entrance and the Clock Tower which still marks the hour. On the facade of the building there is a plaque with a tercet of Purgatory of Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri in memory of Maghinardo Pagani of Susinana.
Today the Palace houses the Museum of Mountain Peoples and the Alto Mugello Archaeological Museum.
Archaeological Museum of Alto Mugello
The archaeological museum of Alto Mugello is located on the top floor of Palazzo dei Capitani. Inside there are exposed archaeological finds of the territory. These are mainly poor finds but which are of great importance to the country’s history. These finds tell a constant human presence in the places of Upper Mugello. In 2005, thanks to the collaboration of the Alto Mugello Archaeological Group, the “Tomb of the Warrior” was found, an Etruscan tomb with trousseau.
Museum of Mountain Peoples
The Mountain People Museum is located on the ground floor and first floor to the Capitani Palace. Here you can admire more than a thousand objects that tell the story of a territory and a mountain and border community. There are tools for agricultural production, for handicraft production, household items. It is also documented the presence of man, from prehistory, along the Lamone, Senio and Santerno rivers.
- April Saturday – Sunday: 15.00-18.00
- May and October Saturday – Sunday: 10.00-12.00 15.00-18.00
- June and September Friday – Saturday – Sunday: 10.00-12.00 15.00-18.00
- July-August from Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00-12.00 16.00-19.00
- November-December Saturday-Sunday: 15.00-18.00
The museums also open on public holidays excluding Easter, Christmas, New Year
From 6 January to the end of March closed.
- Whole: € 2.50
- Groups upon reservation (minimum 10 people): € 2,00
- Reduced for students and over 65 years: € 1.00
- Residents and teenagers up to 14 years old: free of charge
Phone. 055 8046008 – 055 8046125
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org